Friday, April 8, 2016

Teacher Example Time: LED Cereal Box Art

So I never do this but I'm going to start posting more about things I'm working on for the students to do. Recently, I've been really intrigued by incorporating science and engineering more into Art. LED paper circuits came up on my searches. We don't really have super thick paper so I figured we would use the next best thing available, cereal boxes. I love the color for the cereal boxes because it will force students to make more decisions about their art. It's easy to paint on and also easy to glue on. I made a prototype of a squirrel that I walked around with to show the students this project. 4th and 5th grade will be starting this project soon. Also, middle school will be but I want them to finish their kinetic sculpture race.

No comments:

Post a Comment