Friday, March 18, 2016

The Colorful Quilt Collaborative Art

The 6th and 7th grade students each created their own quilt piece and then some of the students helped assemble the quilt. This project took a good bit of time. I created a guide for them to follow which is was to split the quarter circle into three sections and have one about a quote or word you like. The other sections were about designs and  repeating shapes. This project was inspired by an article in the Scholastic Arts Magazine about quilts and a Blog post I found on Pinterest http://willywonkyquilts.blogspot.com/2012/10/cinco-de-mayo.html I also wanted to do a collaborative artwork with the students where their personalities could show through the final artwork. I feel like collaborative artwork like this lets the students feel happier about participating. The students and I arranged the quarter circles and glued them down. The black paper helps to emphasize the designs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment